.

Friday, February 15, 2019

When Did Global Warming Become Climate Change? :: Climate Change vs Global Warming

If we want to address global warming, on with the other environmental problems associated with our continued rush to burn our precious dodo fuels as quickly as possible, we must learn to use our resources more wisely, kick our addiction, and quickly start turning to sources of energy that ask fewer negative impacts.-- David SuzukiEarlier this year one of my friends asked, So which essay thing did you decide on? To which I responded, global warming. thence my friend responded, That is impossible. Global warming was not even an option, I was worried. I rushed patronage to my apartment and opened my course binder to find that I was in truth writing about modality change and not global warming. Then I wondered, When did global warming morph into climate change? Am I in school to learn about fashion? are we all just following the latest trend? What does any of this have to do with science?According to Erik Conway of NASA, Global warming refers to surface temperature increases, c omposition climate change includes global warming and everything else that increasing greenhouse blow amounts will affect (Conway). Recently the United States has experienced a slobber in temperature. This past weekend I was walking with a friend. With nada to talk about, the awkward silence was finally filled with a remonstrate on the weather. He said, Its so incredibly cold So more than for global warming What my friend, nor I at the beginning of the semester, did not understand was that temperature change itself isnt the most severe effect of changing climate. Changes to precipitation patterns and sea level are likely to have much greater human impact than the higher temperatures alone (Conway). Thankfully the bailiwick media has begun to increasingly reference the more scientifically significant term climate change.

No comments:

Post a Comment